Here we are now at 20 weeks. The dreaded week my body has never let me get past in pregnancy. I enter it today with trepidation but an effort to believe this time will be different. So far all is well. Our little girl is healthy and thriving and my body is doing all it should. But the past is not my friend this week and I struggle to shake off the memories. The fear creeps in despite my efforts and others as well to thwart it. This week is what it is to me, the dreaded week, and all I can really do is wait, and hope and pray. Each day. Perhaps even each hour. Lord take away my fear, give me peace and guide us safely through this week.
I think of my little girl growing inside of me and I can't help loving her and cherishing her already. What a blessing of hope and joy she has already been to us, our families, and our friends. I know her life is worth the risk, and I pray with everything in me that she continues to be to week 21 right on through to her delivery...and for years to come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We're all on this journey with you, Andrea (and Brian). I pray that God will wrap his arms around you, to feel safe and secure. I love you, friend, and am inspired by your dedication to your Father in Heaven and the strength and determination you've endured! xoxo <3
ReplyDeletePraying for you this week, friend. I have so much HOPE in our God for this baby and for you and cannot wait to see you thru week 21 and beyond! :) You are holding up fabulously and I am so proud of you!! You are one of the bravest people I know.
ReplyDelete