As Thanksgiving is tomorrow it's pretty easy to focus on what we're thankful for this year. After all, here we are at 24 weeks and Emmaline is healthy and strong and my cervix is still nice and long. :) I really don't think there's much else in this world Brian and I could want right now, except maybe a guarantee that the other boot we keep waiting to fall isn't going to. But if there's one thing we know, its that life isn't about guarantees and if that's all we lived life for we wouldn't really be living. There's something so precious for us in the way every morning I wake up pregnant and every night I go to sleep still pregnant is an answer to prayer. It's an opportunity to be eternally grateful every day for where we're at in our lives. Every little kick, and jab, bump and flutter makes me smile. I really don't think I'll ever tire of them since it's a constant reminder to me I have been given something special. I've been blessed with a miracle.
There's a unique perspective you adopt in life when every day's a gift. You still have good days and bad days but you take so much less for granted, and the smallest pleasures can bring such great joy. Like the tears that came to both our eyes when Brian felt Emmaline move inside me for the first time. The gratefulness that fills my heart every time I hear my little girl's. I have been given a gift even greater than this precious life inside me, hard to believe as that may seem. I get the rare priveledge to truly relish and cherish God's creation in a unique way that not everybody does. It's really true that with the understanding of great heartache can you also truly understand and experience great joy. When every day's a gift, life takes on a whole new meaning, and there's so much to be thankful for.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Beautiful! And a sweet bi-product of all of this is that so many of us around your family get to experience (in a small part) the awe of God and the miracle. Whenever I think of and pray for that little baby girl you are carrying, my heart too, is filled with thanksgiving for the good gifts (and surprises!) that our Heavenly Father gives. Happy Thanksgiving Day, friends!
ReplyDeleteI am beyond elated for you guys! I think of you often and pray for you each time; everytime I see an update on Facebook, I cheer! You have been so inspiring in your determination, strength, and will. You are going to be amazing parents and I can't wait to meet Emmaline!
ReplyDelete