So as many of you already know, our little Noah was born at 29 weeks due to a severe heart condition. We were given little hope that he would even make it through his birth due to additional issues with Hydrops (swelling) which was they believe created because of the heart condition. The doctors gave us a pretty bleak picture but Noah came sure enough, and stayed with us through the day, and then he stayed another, and then he stayed another. We started to believe there might be a chance that he would pull through. A friend of ours started a Facebook group for him and in a couple of days Noah had more friends than his father and mother combined. Thousands of people praying and keeping up on the status of our little Noah. It was pretty incredible. I really believed God was going to heal my son, He wouldn't let all these people down right? Well, in spite of the literally 1,000's storming the gates of heaven with prayers and petitions for our son, I am sad to say we had to let him go back to be with his heavenly father, (and his brother and sister too). The doctors could do no more for him, and he was slipping away from us. It broke our hearts to have to give up the fight, but Noah was clearly telling us he was done fighting. So we chose to spend his last hours holding him, loving him, singing to him all the things we had so looked forward to when we learned of his existence in the first place. Even though it was far shorter than we had planned it was a blessing to have all the same. I held my son, he looked in my eyes and I kissed his head and face and know that he knew we loved him.
I know I will see him again, along with his siblings who went before him. It will probably be one big family reunion; but until that day there won't be one this side of heaven I don't think about my sweet Noah, and the amazing impact I know he had on many...especially his mom and dad. We love you sweet Noah.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Andrea, I've been following Noah's story on facebook and was so sad to read last night's events. We've been praying for a miracle with you for God to heal Noah. After reading this, I am again in awe of you. Your faith and strength is a miracle to me. We will continue to pray for you and Brian and your families.
ReplyDeleteNoah's life, though brief, has had an impact on many of us (as you said, literally thousands)... we've been crying non-stop with the loss of another family member... You and Brian are so strong, and I am amazed...
ReplyDeletewhat a glorious and beautiful family reunion you will have! you are amazing... and i'm sure you did not set out to be, but you are an inspiration. i'm hurting ang praying for you all.
ReplyDeleteI am so very sorry for the loss of your precious baby Noah. I love the name that you chose for him. I am not a member of Facebook, but I have also prayed for little Noah, and was notified of his situation through the HP website. My heart is breaking for you and your family today. I know that your lives will never be the same - but my prayer is, that one day, you will be able to experience joy and happiness without having to recollect all of this sadness. I pray that one day, you will be able to hold your precious son or daughter on this side of Heaven. And, I pray that you will be comforted by the fact that you are a Mommy - forever - and that you will one day hold your precious children in Heaven. I cannot imagine being in your shoes, but I pray that you will not fall away from the Lord as a result of these horrible tragedies. I am praying for peace beyond our understanding for you and for your families. May the Lord sustain you and uplift you during this time of mourning - because in everything there is a season. A time to mourn, a time to cry......and when your weeping is over, (although you will never be able to forget), I pray that there will be joy, faith, and hope to guide your path.
ReplyDeleteA friend of yours (Mary Bogan)pointed me to your post. We have been praying for all of you. Please know you will continue to be in our thoughts and prayers.
ReplyDeleteAndrea, i'm a friend of Mary's as well, and just wanted to say how very, very sorry i am about Noah. what joy he must have brought you.
ReplyDeletemy firstborn, Finn, would've been five today. he was a 26 weeker who was with us for 11 hours, and died in my arms. we sang to him, like you sang to Noah.
you have been on my mind and heart these past few days. i send you love.