Wednesday, April 7, 2010

What Joy Is This

The beginning of the 3rd trimester; I can’t believe we’re finally here. My title of this blog note illustrates my sentiment perfectly, “what joy is this?” It’s such a new feeling to be experiencing pregnancy at this point, with so much joy and anticipation. It doesn’t even seem to matter much anymore by which means Noah is coming, I’m just thrilled to death he is! My little boy, my son is really coming.
This is an overwhelming feeling to me. Registering for him, and setting up his nursery these past couple weeks has brought me great happiness and purpose, and along with it, a new sensation…I really feel like a mom! That feeling that seemed to be escaping me that I attributed to the fact that I wasn’t carrying Noah myself, was in reality always within reach. I just had to embrace it.
It certainly is a process though. I had to work through a lot of fear and frustration first. However, once I was able to really focus on Noah, and preparing for him, what joy I have found in being his mommy. Making up his room, reading books and signing up for magazines on how to parent him; all those things you do when you’re preparing for a little one’s arrival have all brought, and continue to bring me great joy. I smile just thinking about it.
So here we go dear friends, the home stretch. Thanks for journeying through the difficult weeks with me. Your support means a great deal. I trust and believe however, in the weeks ahead, my blog should be filled with far more eager anticipation…and joy. :)

2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear. Know that you, Brian, and Noah are in prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! I'm so happy that you're enjoying this time! Keep your spirits up and know that you will get to hold and hear Noah's cries in a few short months! Yippee! :) Keep posting pictures of your nursery as it blooms into a beautiful place for your son.

    ReplyDelete