Wednesday, January 13, 2010

16 weeks and all is well

Well so far so good friends, our little Squishy is growing steadily. We received a text from our surrogate last night reporting she felt a kick for the first time. Naturally we were thrilled! :) I must admit it felt a little weird to be told my baby was kicking but I wasn't experiencing it myself; however I felt a surge of excitement at the same time to be reminded my little baby was thriving.
I think I'm starting to get used to experiencing my baby's progress through another woman. It's been really hard at times and I imagine it still will be; but I find as we progress it's mattering to me less that I had to give up carrying our baby, and mattering far more that we have one that's thriving and safe. In fact, I actually I find myself feeling braver in thinking about what it would be like to actually have a baby at the end of this journey. Before, when we first started this whole process, I would barely let myself emotionally invest in the next week let alone the end of 9 months. Now most of the time when I think about our baby, I find myself smiling instead of biting my lip and worrying about what could go wrong.
We still have a long way to go. 20 weeks is still a month away and we've been there before... However, as my little baby keeps growing and stirring, so does my hope and mother's heart. So kick on little one, kick on! Mom is waiting for you on the other side. :)

1 comment:

  1. glad all is well. love that you have started a blog. praying for you and your little squishy.

    ReplyDelete