It's hard to believe that here we are at 17 weeks already, and now know we are expecting a boy. The 1st trimester felt like it just dragged on and on, but now as we've entered the 2nd it feels like time is moving so much quicker now.
As we went to visit our friends tonight who just had a beautiful girl a little over a week ago, I stared into her tiny sleepy face and felt that bittersweet pang I often experience when I hold a newborn baby. And then I remembered, soon the little baby in my arms would be mine. Soon enough the little face that looks back at me is going to be a reflection of Brian and I; a product of so much prayer and love. Sometimes it's hard to believe it's really going happen after so much pain and disappointment, but as we were reminded in church today; faith is 100% commitment even if you don't have 100% certainty. Life may still be uncertain for us, but I have faith we will make it though. In a little while it will be our son Noah smiling, (or more likely crying) back at us, and I will be eternally grateful.
Congrats, Brian & Andrea!
ReplyDeleteYAY!!! Congratulations on your little boy!
ReplyDeleteWe are supper happy for you two! Yay--a boy! A little slugger for Brian and your pride and joy :). Congrats!
ReplyDeletei can't wait for you to experience the absolute joy at the end of this road! I am so excited for you two :)
ReplyDelete