I am continuously reminded of how much people are invested in our journey. Just today a woman at work was asking me how things were going, how she was so excited for us, and was praying for us. Earlier in the week I discovered a woman's bible study has been praying for us this whole time, the only connection I have with them being a mutual friend. I have received countless "checking in" emails and phone calls, as have our family as well. It frequently astounds me when I think of the sheer number of people who are aware of and are following our story. People I've never even met are praying for us on a daily basis. Frankly I wonder if our little Noah isn't one of the most anxiously anticipated births of 2010.
I suppose that's why whenever I think of this path Brian and I are walking, so different than most, I start to realize that God had/has something more for us. I have been known to say "I always wanted to be special and unique in some way, but this was not what I had in mind." It is however what God had in mind. I don't believe I was made this way by accident. I have struggled with feeling broken, or forgotten by God because he made such an important and privileged part of being a woman just not work in me. And yet, I know I'm not broken and I'm not forgotten; quite the contrary in fact.
God knew what he was doing when he made me this way. He knew I would eventually find a way to let go of the hurt and anger and let Him use me. Well us really, (Brian's on this journey too). God knew the lives our experience would touch. He also knows what lies ahead, and it appears He has every one's attention.
It has taken me a long time to say this sincerely, but I'm actually glad to be this kind of special. It's not easy, but it's His kind of special and that's more than enough for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Well said, friend. I'm so proud/happy for you--sounds like God is blessing you with contentment, and that is a wonderful gift indeed. And so awesome for all those praying out there!
ReplyDeletePS. I have always known you were a different kind of special ;)!