I've been going through a book by Joni Eareckson Tada "A Lifetime of Wisdom, Embracing the way God Heals You" and I have to say out of all the books people have given me over the past few years this one has spoken into my life and helped me the most. It's as if God is is talking directly to me through the pages. This morning was no exception.
I've been really struggling with feelings of frustration, of helplessness and jealously lately. It seems almost everyone around me receives the blessings (in tenfold) that I keep praying for but keep being taken from me. We've been learning about Abraham in church the past couple weeks and I was really connecting with the fact that God made him promises that he had to wait a long time for (and also some he never even saw realized in his lifetime). I'm not comparing my life to Abraham's obviously, (they're incomparable) but I did find it comforting and eye opening that faith & trust when you're suffering and wondering if God will ever redeem the situation is difficult; difficult but attainable.
So as I was reflecting on some of these thoughts this morning I cracked open my Joni book and read these words...
"Why does God allow some of His deeply loved sons and daughters to go through trials of the body and spirit? Because if they receive that suffering with faith and joy, that supernatural "chemical reaction" will supercharge the message of His's sons love. And the suffering one will have the privilege of a life impact that may keep echoing and echoing beyond their years...The power of the Good News is released in your life when you allow your weakness to showcase the awesome might and love of our Savior. When we serve Him and model Him in our suffering, we have opportunities to extend His salvation father than we ever could in our strength."
This is a great encouragement to me in a time where I have been really struggling with feeling sorry for myself and being angry at my present situation. I needed this reminder that if I continue to open myself up and pursue faith and trust with joy I can have a far greater impact for the kingdom. I've been given an opportunity, (not that it always feels like that, but I have none the less), and I can chose to be bitter and reject it, or I can choose to embrace it and let God show me what He can do with it. Something, (or someone...thank you Joni), tells me the latter of the two is the better and more rewarding option.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Keep on, keeping on, friend! I am so very proud of you and amazed to watch God at work in your heart and life. The words you shared above ARE encouraging and I plan to pass them along to a family member that is really struggling for hope these days. Andrea, you are precious and your story is giving God glory. And that's the whole point of life, amen? May God's pleasure and love shine down on you brightly this week. And may your arms be filled SOON!
ReplyDeleteYour faith through your circumstances are impacting the kingdom. I strongly believe this. Thank you again for sharing.
ReplyDelete