As many of you know last week was incredibly hard for Brian and me. Well mostly me, but residually Brian too. Losing both our son and daughter at the 20 weeks has pretty much turned that week in pregnancy into a point of trauma for us. Therefore I cannot even begin to express the sheer joy I feel in FINALLY surpassing that week. Noah is doing wonderfully and growing steadily at 21 weeks now and we couldn’t be happier. Although we know there still may be hurdles to overcome, the one that has eluded us for years is no more.
This affirms to me in a very tangible way…things really are different this time. I am NOT destined to always be the woman who’s pregnant but never has a child to care for in the end. With each passing week now I know I’m one step closer to meeting my little boy. I can’t wait to hear him cry, or have him wiggle in my arms; all those things I never could experience with my children before.
It has been hard for me to let go at times, but I know we are giving Noah the best chance possible by going about things…differently.
It really has made all the difference.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am so happy that new adventures are coming your way! Baby Noah, keep growing strong so you can meet your mommy and daddy in June or July!
ReplyDeleteYAY!! So glad Noah is doing good and you made it to 21 weeks! You are going to be such a great mommy :)
ReplyDelete